Re: Hobart's Not Dead Yet
Author: Mistertower
Date: 02-21-2021 - 06:30

First off, what is with the title "Hobart is not dead yet?" What has that got to do with this post??
Second, OERM is now the Southern California Railway Museum or SCRM. It does have the nickname of "The Farm".
Sad that the didn't do anything with Burbank Junction Tower, but as you said, when you don't have enough volunteers, time and money, things don't happen.
I for 1, can't stand Museums that go after everything they can get their hands on. One Museum that doesn't do that is the Monticello Railway Museum in Illinois. They are very selective on what they get, go after, and accept as equipment donations. But because of that, everything they have is refurbished as soon as possible and anything not it stored and secured in doors, out of the elements and is given attention until they can restore it. When something is restored by them, it is put into full operating condition!
I wish all Museums were like that! I can't stand going to a Museum that has a "Graveyard of Rusted, neglected Equipment ", just sitting there rotting away."
Jon Clark would say, "Well at least the equipment is preserved and not sent to scrap", but what's the point when you can't work with what you have, unless you can store it indoors and in a secure place where vandals, thieves, and the elements can destroy them anyway.
END OF MESSAGE....

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Hobart's Not Dead Yet Paul Shoup 02-20-2021 - 15:45
  Westbound at Burbank tower R.M. photo 02-20-2021 - 21:33
  Re: Hobart's Not Dead Yet Mistertower 02-21-2021 - 06:30

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com