Re: Wow, Small Town Mayor Pete's tweet reveals that he is
Author: Cost-Benefit Democrat
Date: 03-18-2021 - 21:07

incompetent for his office Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
He's a Democrat so of course he
> doesn't understand cost/benefit analysis.
>
What an obnoxiously partisan comment. Political affiliation has nothing to do with understanding of benefit/cost analysis. Plenty of Republicans advocate for projects which are not cost-effective such as canals/waterways and new highways.

As for myself, I am a liberal democrat who learned about cost/benefit analysis as an undergraduate student. As a transportation professional, I have worked through cost - benefit analysis for several projects. Some projects which I initially thought would be worth while had very high capital and operating cost estimates and low ridership projections, so no work was done further.

As for Pete Buttigieg, I am sure while he was mayor he weighed costs versus benefits on dozens of decisions regarding capital investments and policies for South Bend. I am also sure that he will apply this experience as Transportation Secretary.

All that Secretary Buttigieg tweeted was lines on a map. No one has performed any estimates on costs or usage, so it's premature to make any claims about him not understanding benefit - cost analyses.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  $205bil now? synonymouse 03-18-2021 - 12:19
  american-high-speed-rail-act-introduced synonymouse 03-18-2021 - 14:59
  Re: american-high-speed-rail-act-introduced synonymouse 03-18-2021 - 16:49
  Wow, Small Town Mayor Pete's tweet reveals that he is incompetent for his office 03-18-2021 - 17:21
  Re: Wow, Small Town Mayor Pete's tweet reveals that he is Dragoman 03-18-2021 - 17:32
  TranspoLord Pete tweet? ..so what? Oam 03-18-2021 - 19:42
  Re: Wow, Small Town.. not so fast! BOB2 03-18-2021 - 20:25
  Re: Wow, Small Town.. not so fast! Not the real one, but not surprising.... BOB2 03-18-2021 - 21:33
  Surprising trouble... mooky 03-18-2021 - 22:22
  Re: Wow, Small Town Mayor Pete's tweet reveals that he is GRD 03-18-2021 - 20:55
  Re: Wow, Small Town Mayor Pete's tweet reveals that he is Cost-Benefit Democrat 03-18-2021 - 21:07
  Re: Wow, Small Town Mayor Pete's tweet reveals that he is Commenter 03-19-2021 - 10:34
  Re: Wow, Small Town Mayor Pete's tweet reveals that he is J Mann 03-19-2021 - 11:15
  Now about that map... Commenter 03-19-2021 - 16:06

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com