Re: SMART utterly bombs flea market sale?
Author: It's a strange world
Date: 04-18-2021 - 13:15

There was a nice little line through Seattle's east side suburbs that was ripe for DMU rail
10 years ago. It would have been cheap, effective, and blown the doors off the driving time
on parallel I-405, and there were a lot of people that liked the idea. But the political
overlords said, "NO!, we want to do it our way ($$$)."

Their way was an extension of the rough-riding Sound Transit amusement park trolley fiasco
for a multi-billion dollar price tag. Their way doesn't help the I-405 commuter. Their
system is designed by politicians, not transportation planner, to bring about some utopian
socially engineered society.

Sound Transit is trash transit.

As someone in the know wrote on Facebook:

Quote:
Steven P

This was governmental malpractice at its worst.

When I was running for office I had proposed a dual-use for the corridor... Both trail a
nd Commuter rail.

Working with the manufacturer of DMU's, public policy agencies, think tanks, and others
we determined that we could put service from "The Landing" in Renton to Woodinville Town
Center and have it in place within 18 months of getting the go-ahead. We could have had
service to start every 15 minutes and carry 788 passengers. All for the all-in cost less
than ONE MILE of light rail.

The dinner train didn't go away because it cost too much, it went away because of corruption
by elected officials.

(Very long story goes here)

Lots of lies, misinformation, and underhanded tactics later nothing was done. One of the
biggest excuses for not doing it? "Someday we will want to do a different mode here so we
can't do this now". When I asked why the answer was "Because it would work".

Bottom line... When you sit in traffic on I-405 remember that real congestion relief could
have been in place for about 15 years and the Dinner Train would still be in operation.

Oh, and if you are puzzled by the "Because it would work" excuse it's because they plan on
taxing the crap out of you to funnel money to special interests and if this had worked you
would have said no, let's keep what we have.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  SMART utterly bombs flea market sale? Synonymouse 04-18-2021 - 11:46
  Re: SMART utterly bombs flea market sale? BOB2 04-18-2021 - 11:49
  Re: SMART utterly bombs flea market sale? Synonymouse 04-18-2021 - 11:54
  Re: SMART utterly bombs flea market sale? It's a strange world 04-18-2021 - 13:15
  Re: SMART utterly bombs flea market sale? TTT 04-18-2021 - 15:12
  Re: SMART utterly bombs flea market sale? FUD 04-18-2021 - 17:12
  Re: SMART utterly bombs flea market sale? @FUD 04-18-2021 - 17:27
  Re: SMART? Or, just the same? BOB2 04-18-2021 - 17:34
  Re: SMART? Or, just the same? IheartBOB2 04-18-2021 - 17:53
  Re: Are you getting any professional help? BOB2 04-19-2021 - 06:06

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com