Re: Port Chicago, March 1968
Author: Drew Jacksich
Date: 01-29-2009 - 21:06

I know you could still drive into the area where the depots had been in mid-1994 as I shot the #2472 on its return trips over the Mococco from Tray and the "Dried Bean Festival". On the first day, a Saturday, they stoped and made a photo run somewhere railroad East of Port Chicago which was not to the liking of the Marine Corp. Thus on Sunday they highballed thru that area but several Marines in jeeps were there to make sure no state secrets were revealed and that our cameras were only pointed at the train.

I am sure some of you fondly (yeah right) remember the late Brad Miller of Mobile Fidelity and Skyfire infamy who firmly believed his feces did not stink. On Sunday, before the Marines got there, Miller took off up the right of way in his 4x4 SUV. When the Marines arrived and asked if anyone was up the right of way, doing our civic and patriotic duty, several of us pointed out that his highness had driven up there. Two jeeps full of Marines, complete with side arms and M16A1's headed out to converse with Mr. Miller. I have a feeling his solitude was disrupted.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Port Chicago, March 1968 Drew Jacksich 01-27-2009 - 22:26
  Re: Port Chicago, March 1968 Brian 01-28-2009 - 11:46
  Re: Port Chicago, March 1968 OPRRMS 01-28-2009 - 16:58
  Re: Port Chicago, March 1968 Peter D. 01-29-2009 - 09:31
  Re: Port Chicago, March 1968 OldPoleBurner 01-29-2009 - 18:51
  Re: Port Chicago, March 1968 Drew Jacksich 01-29-2009 - 21:06

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com