Re: Curious how things are connected...
Author: Q
Date: 01-31-2009 - 03:27

For you information, it is not just the media that is commonly mistrusted as being prejudiced in the so-called liberal direction; but also much of academia as well. Not that I think I will ever hold an erudite candle to a tenured professor of history. But many of us still can often tell when we are being bullshitted.

Revisionist history (or was it hysteria) is rampant! Much of it based on previously discredited sources, or even the writings of the subject's enemies. or obscure and unverifiable figments. When such sources are taken as authoritative, I am inclined to get up and walk out of such a professor's lecture. Other times, the ignoring or glossing over of selected verifiable facts is blatantly obvious.

Now I must hold a distinction of sorts, being called a "John Bircher" by a democrat, and a communist by a republican, on the same day, and in the same debate, I might add. I never could stand the labels in use since the post Wilson era democrats highjacked the word liberal.

What is so conservative about wanting to fix some social thing that politicians have already broken. Or what is so liberal about passing a million micro-managed rules about every personal private thing imaginable. How does wanting state supremacy over the individual make one liberal? Got a social problem, then pass a law, throw somebody else's money taken by force, at it. And silence the opposition - or marginalize it with disinformation and ad-hominem attack - never honestly debating anything on its merits.

Yet that is what we see going on every day - by self described liberals! We all do need to remember however, that these guys are not really liberal at all - they are just power mongers, wantabe members of the ruling class (Karl Marx's ruling class at that).

Thomas Jefferson and George Washington were liberal. If you are not advocating and supporting what they supported and tried to do, and opposed to what they opposed - YOU AIN'T liberal.

As for intellectual elitism in general: This rather humorous definition of an intellectual says it all: "An intellectual is someone who has been educated beyond his intelligence."

While we can hold no candles to you, sir; as Forest Gump may be misquoted as saying when it comes to truth: I may not know what it is. but I sure do know what it isn't.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Curious how things are connected... Bob White 01-30-2009 - 07:59
  Re: Curious how things are connected... M. Harris 01-30-2009 - 08:46
  Re: Curious how things are connected... Scott Schiechl 01-30-2009 - 09:43
  Re: Curious how things are connected... Bruce Kelly 01-30-2009 - 10:21
  Re: Curious how things are connected... E 01-31-2009 - 12:39
  Re: Curious how things are connected... Mo Curious 01-30-2009 - 11:34
  Re: Curious how things are connected... E 01-31-2009 - 12:40
  Re: Curious how things are connected... Mark 01-30-2009 - 18:36
  Re: Curious how things are connected... low profile 01-30-2009 - 11:34
  Re: Curious how things are connected... low profile 01-30-2009 - 11:39
  Re: Curious how things are connected... Castlebridge 01-30-2009 - 19:05
  Re: Curious how things are connected... Castlebridge 01-30-2009 - 19:28
  Re: Curious how things are connected... brains 01-30-2009 - 12:15
  Re: Curious how things are connected... M. Harris 01-30-2009 - 15:46
  Re: Curious how things are connected... brains 01-30-2009 - 16:54
  Re: Curious how things are connected... Q 01-31-2009 - 03:27
  Re: Curious how things are connected... PNWRailfan 01-31-2009 - 05:49
  Re: Curious how things are connected... low profile 02-01-2009 - 12:21
  Re: Curious how things are connected... Refugee 02-02-2009 - 14:48
  Re: Curious how things are connected... Captain Underpants 02-02-2009 - 20:28

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com