Re: Pacific Coast Highway GEVO
Author: Steven D. Johnson
Date: 02-02-2009 - 00:14

When I was a carman there, it was very common to see a lot of new and old road road power in and out of that yard. This was shortly before the Alameda Corridor was complete, and even after it was complete, Watson was still a convenient place to wye and/or fuel power via tank truck. Many trains now have their power hostled at the port itself, but Watson is still a key location for that part of the district. The power you shot may have been going over to Pasha for the slab train. Then, before the Ethanol rack was built, power was spotted adjacent to the 'main' line, roughly between the east and west switches of the wye, but on adjacent ready tracks.
I've only been back a few times since I craft transferred, and I know many of the jobs were re-advertised, so I don't know what this week's flavor is for power.

I always though the cemetary would be a good place to shoot from, but all my photos of Watson and vicinity never included that view- I like it; it does help to deliver the feeling of the Wilmington area...and it looks like you're still alive from risking your life shooting from PCH! Nice work!

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Pacific Coast Highway GEVO Freericks 02-01-2009 - 09:04
  Re: Pacific Coast Highway GEVO Freericks 02-01-2009 - 10:07
  Re: Pacific Coast Highway GEVO d car danny 02-02-2009 - 19:17
  Re: Pacific Coast Highway GEVO Sam Reeves 02-01-2009 - 12:26
  Re: Pacific Coast Highway GEVO Steven D. Johnson 02-02-2009 - 00:14
  Re: Pacific Coast Highway GEVO-Whoops! Steven D. Johnson 02-02-2009 - 00:20
  Re: Pacific Coast Highway GEVO Freericks 02-02-2009 - 09:46

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com