Re: Pothead Huffman Claims SMART Can Block Coal Trains
Author: Del Monte Burns
Date: 09-11-2021 - 21:52

I don’t know the answer but This is a good question for Mike Pechner.
I don’t think a privately owned railroad could or would block a train from another railroad from being interchanged to it’s final destination.
There would be public pressure and possible lawsuits against SMART from citizens living along the right of way but I don’t think they would succeed. Some communities have tried to prevent hazardous material from passing through major population centers and have them routed through more remote areas but I don’t think they have succeeded.
Oakland is or has tried to block construction of unloading facilities using zoning laws.
Berkeley a long time ago declared itself a nuclear free zone in the 70’s I think and they were turned down because they can’t regulate interstate commerce.
Opponents can delay or halt construction of passing sidings and second tracks even if the right of way is wide enough.
It’s happened in the San Fernando Valley Area to Metrolink, to Amtrak/Metra on the Chicago to Milwaukee route and Long Island Railroad triple track project

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Huffman Claims SMART Can Block Coal Trains Mickey 09-11-2021 - 07:24
  Re: Huffman Claims SMART Can Block Coal Trains TTT 09-11-2021 - 10:09
  Pothead Huffman Claims SMART Can Block Coal Trains Synothing 09-11-2021 - 10:25
  Re: Pothead Huffman Claims SMART Can Block Coal Trains Del Monte Burns 09-11-2021 - 21:52
  Re: Pothead Huffman Claims SMART Can Block Coal Trains Mike Pechner 09-12-2021 - 00:49
  Re: Pothead Huffman Claims SMART Can Block Coal Trains Mike Davis 09-12-2021 - 12:26
  Re: Pothead Huffman Claims SMART Can Block Coal Trains FUD 09-13-2021 - 09:06
  Re: Pothead Huffman Claims SMART Can Block Coal Trains Alf Doten 09-15-2021 - 10:15

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com