Re: Question for BOB2 about San Dimas Gold LIne does not use the Station?
Author: BOB2
Date: 11-22-2021 - 18:23

Denny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BOB2 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> "across the street from the San Dimas ATSF Station
> (soon to be Gold Line)"
>
> Metro is kicking PRS out of the ATSF depot!?
>
> That will be sad!

No, the trains going by will the Gold Line trains, just not ATSF, or even BNSF... Although the ML Pasadena Sub freight line has beeen relocated and will be adjacent from North Pomona to Azusa.

Go to the GL Authority website, tons of video, photo, and schematics of the new extension.

Gold LIne Construction Authority Cool Stuff

If you're a fan of things like the Brighline videos, by Roaming Railfan, these could use some work, but lots of progess and construction....

The project has completed most freight track relocation and a number of grade crossings, with three tracks, drainage, and are working on the US 66 grade separation, from my recent notices of road closures. The project is ahead of schedule, and the Clarmont extension, may get a "pop", if Federal infrastructure funding is available to "backfill, some other Federally eligible projects, and free up near term local funds, to accelerate the project.

The reuse of the ATSF Second District, as a high speed LRT line, has been one of the more interesting projects, I've been involved with in my career. A representative of the LACTC (pre MTA) told me that the line would never go beyond Pasadena back in 1986, when we were to working to get the planning for the first segment done.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Sierra Cajon and Pacific, San Dimas, California TWJ 11-21-2021 - 10:26
  Re: Sierra Cajon and Pacific, San Dimas, California I was a member.... BOB2 11-21-2021 - 10:41
  Re: Sierra Cajon and Pacific, San Dimas, California I was a member.... TWJ 11-21-2021 - 10:51
  Re: Sierra Cajon and Pacific, San Dimas, California I was a member....And, only the shadow knows....... BOB2 11-21-2021 - 11:21
  Re: Sierra Cajon and Pacific, San Dimas, California I was a member....And, only the shadow knows....... TWJ 11-21-2021 - 11:24
  Re: Sierra Cajon and Pacific, San Dimas, California Bob V was a member, too... BOB2 11-21-2021 - 13:34
  Re: Sierra Cajon and Pacific, San Dimas, California I was a member....And, only the shadow knows....... Sweet Pea 11-21-2021 - 18:35
  Re: No, Sweet Pea, I don't miss you, I just hope an pray you get some treatment for your mental illiness........ BOB2 11-21-2021 - 20:46
  Re: No, Sweet Pea, I don't miss you, I just hope an pray you get some treatment for your mental illiness........ Hutch 7.62 11-21-2021 - 21:42
  Re: No, Sweet Pea, you're certainly no Hutch... You're a mentally ill troll on a train board.... BOB2 11-21-2021 - 23:28
  Re: Sierra Cajon and Pacific, San Dimas, California I was a member.... George Andrews 11-21-2021 - 16:11
  Re: Sierra Cajon and Pacific, San Dimas, California That's where they moved, used to be in San Dimas BOB2 11-21-2021 - 17:13
  Re: Sierra Cajon and Pacific, San Dimas, California That's where they moved, used to be in San Dimas El Gringo 11-21-2021 - 21:05
  Re: Sierra Cajon and Pacific, San Dimas, California Six degrees of separation? BOB2 11-22-2021 - 10:22
  Re: Sierra Cajon and Pacific, San Dimas, California Six degrees of separation? Sweet Pea 11-22-2021 - 19:33
  Re: Sorry to Disappoint the Mentally Ill Troll BOB2 11-23-2021 - 00:24
  Question for BOB2 about San Dimas Denny 11-22-2021 - 17:27
  Re: Question for BOB2 about San Dimas Gold LIne does not use the Station? BOB2 11-22-2021 - 18:23

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com