Re: National City Lines final judgement? One dollar? Meanwhile in Bakersfield...
Author: BOB2
Date: 10-14-2022 - 19:15

National City Lines final judgement
Author: Commenter
Date: 10-14-2022 - 17:01

I hadn't realized how many cities were involved in all of this, 63. There were earlier penalties in the first judgements in the 40's, but here is the last anti-trust judgement to break up the Firestone and Standard Oil of California monopolies providing tires and oil products to the transit companies.

[www.justice.gov]

And what was the final penalty judbent assessed for this vast conspiracy to destory the poor electric railways? One dollar if I recall correctly? Good direction to DOJ on anti trust enforcemtnent on good technical grounds that we don't see much of in RR mergers these days....? Revisionist history is always so tempting, and so much fun, wnen hindight is so perfect.

And, I thought Reason Foundation and Steetsblog to be populated by complete self reflecting ideoloogical loons fantasizing about dubious nrivana's and alternative states of reality....?

Come on, you can do better than some Q amon space alien "oil company" conspiracy theories to defend against the vast number of entirely legitimate criticisms of the CHSRA "runaway money train"? And that the evil "anti-rail" citics (as in obvious train hater's like me???) allbeing all part of the vast anti rail of the oil conspiracy are all in cahoots on this conspiracy since before I was even born?

I actually am very supportive of the completion of the connection and shared BNSF grade separation projects into Bakersfield, that .help salvage and make useful this woefully over budget and grossly overdesigned and gold plated segment, so Stephanie can make use of it for the new San Joaquin's from Bakersfield via Modesto, Merced, Tracy and Altamont.

When you've broken as many taxpayer eggs as the HSR fiasco, you might as well make a small omelet out of whatever you can salvage.

LMAO Commenter... As I've said before if the CHSRA isn't employing you already they should, and if they are, you desreve a bonous..... If I was whoring for CHSRA like in my ambitious misspent youth I'd have definitely hired you.....

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  More on NY Times Front Page on CAHSR Boondoggle Commenter 10-13-2022 - 11:01
  LOL at the whiny political hack projecting Commie Streetsblah 10-13-2022 - 17:47
  Re: LOL at the whiny political hack projecting Commenter 10-14-2022 - 09:45
  Re: LOL at the whiny political hack projecting Commenter 10-14-2022 - 10:34
  Re: LOL at the whiny political hack projecting Doc and Marty are coming to help Roger Rabbit and fix the CHSRA fiasco, too.... BOB2 10-14-2022 - 15:34
  National City Lines final judgement Commenter 10-14-2022 - 17:01
  Re: National City Lines final judgement? One dollar? Meanwhile in Bakersfield... BOB2 10-14-2022 - 19:15

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com