Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-sixty-fourth Installment
Author: RA Phillips
Date: 10-22-2022 - 08:43

:0 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The older gentleman in a suit reminds me of the
> days families dressed up for the holiday set
> togethers, fly on a plane or to go to church.
> And you did not dare wear jeans and tee-shirts (or
> hotpants and tube or bikini tops like some girls
> do today)

I can remember meeting SP Relief Train Order/Interlocking Operator at Mojave, Steve D. Uhler around Christmas Time on a Saturday in 1985. He was wearing a Blue Dress Shirt and Tie with Black Slack Dress Pants. Fast forward to April 1999, I was looking over various jobs I could take back then, and I re-met Steve in the Timekeeping Dept. at Omaha. We got to talking about that day and I asked him why he was dressed up that nicely. He said being the relief Operator there, he dressed that same way every Saturday and Sunday when he worked, just to "spruce the place up". No one would even consider doing that today!

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-sixty-fourth Installment D. B. Arthur 10-21-2022 - 23:49
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-sixty-fourth Installment wharfrat 10-22-2022 - 07:14
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-sixty-fourth Installment :0 10-22-2022 - 07:42
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-sixty-fourth Installment Ray Hutchinson 10-22-2022 - 08:11
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-sixty-fourth Installment RA Phillips 10-22-2022 - 08:43
  Mr :0 what church did you go to? E 10-24-2022 - 08:44
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - One-hundred-sixty-fourth Installment D. B. Arthur 11-03-2022 - 08:48

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com