Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundredth Installment
Author: D. B. Arthur
Date: 02-20-2023 - 17:15

Famous train, famous location. This photo was taken on August 08, 1979, FORTY-FOUR years ago, when I visited British Columbia and Alberta with my friend Ron Davis. This is Morant's Curve, a little east of Lake Louise, made famous by Canadian Pacific's corporate photographer Nicholas Morant. It's almost impossible to take a lousy photo in this part of Canada. The train is VIA RAIL's eastbound "The Canadian", which no longer operates on this route over the Canadian Rockies, instead using the more northerly CN line via Jasper. Word now has it that the ex-CP Budd passenger equipment, built in the mid-1950s, may not be operating that much longer on this train. Nothing lasts forever, and those cars are as old as I am.

https://i.ibb.co/YbQmChF/19790808-036-Alpha.jpg

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundredth Installment D. B. Arthur 02-20-2023 - 17:15
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundredth Installment AZebra 02-20-2023 - 18:13
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundredth Installment ron 02-21-2023 - 08:35
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundredth Installment GRD 02-21-2023 - 11:23
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundredth Installment Peter D. 02-21-2023 - 22:57
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundredth Installment D. B. Arthur 02-22-2023 - 15:50
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundredth Installment Peter D. 02-22-2023 - 19:46

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com