Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-twenty-seventh Installment
Author: D. B. Arthur
Date: 09-04-2023 - 13:58

Here's a late-afternoon photo I took near Victorville, CA on January 29, 1977, FORTY-SIX YEARS AGO, of an empty Southwest Portland Cement Company train making its way back to the mine and being pulled by a Fairbanks-Morse locomotive. The train is east of Interstate 15 and running alongside Quarry Road on a line that used to be known as the Mojave Northern. I have a photo of a crossbuck on the line lettered "MNRR". The Pacific Railroad Society ran an excursion on this line shortly after it was constructed. I believe this was sometime in the 1950s. Imagine something like that happening today.

https://i.ibb.co/bPFkbKJ/19770129-014-tc.jpg

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-twenty-seventh Installment D. B. Arthur 09-04-2023 - 13:58
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-twenty-seventh Installment GRD 09-04-2023 - 14:40
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-twenty-seventh Installment badman 09-04-2023 - 17:44
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-twenty-seventh Installment John Sweetser 09-04-2023 - 22:46
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-twenty-seventh Installment D. B. Arthur 09-04-2023 - 23:35
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-twenty-seventh Installment John Sweetser 09-05-2023 - 11:21

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com