Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-twenty-eighth Installment
Author: D. B. Arthur
Date: 09-15-2023 - 23:19

Here's a photo I took on September 03, 1983, FORTY YEARS AGO, during a photo run-by on the now-abandoned Oregon California & Eastern Railway. The line ran east out of Klamath Falls, OR to tap into timber reserves, hauling logs to a processing mill in Klamath Falls. Excursions on the line were rare, and this was the last one before operations shut down.

I don't know the exact location where this photo was taken, but my friend Greg Brown was standing next to me as we were tripping the shutters, and he may know exactly where it was. It's probably a safe bet that this was the one and only time a Budd-built full length dome car operated over the line.

https://i.ibb.co/MVHy9bG/19830903-028.jpg

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-twenty-eighth Installment D. B. Arthur 09-15-2023 - 23:19
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-twenty-eighth Installment Ron 09-16-2023 - 08:41
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-twenty-eighth Installment GRD 09-16-2023 - 10:14
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-twenty-eighth Installment D. B. Arthur 09-16-2023 - 10:31
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-twenty-eighth Installment Ron 09-16-2023 - 13:26
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-twenty-eighth Installment BTDT 09-16-2023 - 22:03
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-twenty-eighth Installment RA Phillips 09-18-2023 - 06:34

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com