Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-twenty-eighth Installment
Author: Ron
Date: 09-16-2023 - 13:26

It was a long time ago but as I remembered the OC&E featured a switchback that was unique. Unlike the McCloud River RR or most RR's the OC&E switchback tail track had two tracks. This allowed much longer trains by shoving half the cars into the first tail track and the second half of the train into the second tail track. Then the train could double over and continue. I wonder how much harvestable timber has regrown(or burned down) since the RR shut down over thirty years ago? Your posts have provided some of the most interesting reading on AP the last year or so. For that I thank you.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-twenty-eighth Installment D. B. Arthur 09-15-2023 - 23:19
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-twenty-eighth Installment Ron 09-16-2023 - 08:41
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-twenty-eighth Installment GRD 09-16-2023 - 10:14
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-twenty-eighth Installment D. B. Arthur 09-16-2023 - 10:31
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-twenty-eighth Installment Ron 09-16-2023 - 13:26
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-twenty-eighth Installment BTDT 09-16-2023 - 22:03
  Re: Submitted For Your Approval - Two-hundred-twenty-eighth Installment RA Phillips 09-18-2023 - 06:34

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com