Re: Valley Rail on Track- More Good News-Plan B will be completed by 2033....?
Author: BOB2
Date: 10-12-2023 - 12:03

Commenter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No. Not that one, ACE.
>
> [www.comstocksmag.com]
> -track

And, by that time the CAHsRA's gold plated "beached whale" will be complete from Wasco to Chowchilla and if the San Joaquin's can be connected via ACE, then we could really see a train from Bakerfield to Sacramento and the Bay Area, on what is now the world's largest elevated skate park... The East Bay/South Bay to North Valley rail passenger market is potentially very impressive, as the results of the 2019 Peer Review results, which showed how totally flawed CAHSRA's assumptions of rail ridership were.

I am somewhat mystified on the delay in expected funding announcements on the current HSR funding applications, although I did see a bit about this being funded. Have the funding requests for the other CA projects been awarded and I missed it? I tried a short search but found nothing.

This reporter also seems a bit "clue challenged" on some of the details, as it is my understanding that most of the running will not be done on "tracks shared with freight". Rather it will run mostly on additional parallel trackage to be built with these funds and capable of 110 and even segments of 125 capable operation.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Valley Rail on Track Commenter 10-10-2023 - 14:35
  Re: Valley Rail on Track to finish in 2033 10-10-2023 - 15:52
  Re: Valley Rail on Track- More Good News-Plan B will be completed by 2033....? BOB2 10-12-2023 - 12:03
  Re: Valley Rail on Track- More Good News-Plan B will be completed by 2033....? Transportation Planner 10-12-2023 - 12:42
  Re: Valley Rail on Track- More Good News-Plan B will be completed by 2033....? FUD 10-14-2023 - 14:21

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com