Re: Steamtown Superintendent Job Opening - did a human write this job listing?
Author: Alf Doten
Date: 12-12-2023 - 10:30

They have to mention remoteness in the job apps because of the nature of the Park Service.
I agree Steamtown has been a diamond in the rough since its inception. But, since NPS passed off on East Broad Top there were some political considerations in its inception. It generally doesn't fit the NPS mission because they already had Golden Spike NHS. Steam as a theme in railroading is covered in so many museums across the country, the latest being the Age of Steam Roundhouse. I always thought the Nelson Blount Collection would be curated out to railroad museums across the country..........but then Steamtown happened ? ? I don't think the NPS will ever completely wrap their head around the place. Those are just my views from 3000 away, but I've often thought I'd have a difficult time working there.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Steamtown Superintendent Job Opening Bruce Kelly 12-11-2023 - 08:14
  Re: Steamtown Superintendent Job Opening Steamless in Scranton 12-11-2023 - 08:50
  Re: Steamtown Superintendent Job Opening Alf Doten 12-11-2023 - 11:17
  Re: Steamtown Superintendent Job Opening Steamless in Scranton 12-11-2023 - 12:23
  Re: Steamtown Superintendent Job Opening - did a human write this job listing? Scott! 12-11-2023 - 19:03
  Re: Steamtown Superintendent Job Opening - did a human write this job listing? George Andrews 12-12-2023 - 08:54
  Re: Steamtown Superintendent Job Opening - did a human write this job listing? Alf Doten 12-12-2023 - 10:30

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com