Re: Is there any other "rational" alternative explanation for such self destructive behavior? And, as to ways to better "chimp proof" rail grade crossings?
Author: BOB2
Date: 01-15-2024 - 15:35

Re: Three more intentional sucides by train in two days at the same crossing.....
Author: Operation life saver fail
Date: 01-15-2024 - 14:57

Why call it suicide, Bobby, when it was really just reckless driving. I’ve never been to Florida but I wonder about people down there.

When folks intentionally run lowered railroad crossing gates, I just have to assume it must be a suicide attempt, because that is the only "logical" explanation for such willful intentional potentially lethal behavior.

When you have studied as many NTSB reports and as much safety data as I have, one cannot help but wonder at the sheer stupidity one so often finds as the primary causal factor in so many of these tragedies. The bipedal hairless chimps are often prone to bad decision making for all kinds of ignorant and irrational reasoning. And there is not much evidence that Florida drivers are at all particularly unique in that way...

Now, as someone who has worked on changes to traffic warrants for things like traffic signal requirements for safer pedestrian road crossings, I would like to see a mandate for quad gates on all high volume/high volume grade crossings like this one.

Given the number of quad installations on Brightline, I was kind of surprised by this crossing not being a quad gate configuration already.

Which makes me wonder if this crossing in Melbourne was an existing FEC crossing that was not rebuilt as a quad gated crossing, like was done to so many grade crossing on what look like all of the new HS DT segments that I've seen on the Roving Railfan drone footage.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Three more intentional sucides by train in two days at the same crossing..... BOB2 01-15-2024 - 09:02
  Re: Three more intentional sucides by train in two days at the same crossing..... Nancy 01-15-2024 - 11:50
  Send the bill for the delays to the next of kin Disgusted 01-15-2024 - 13:01
  Re: You missed this suicidal troll post by his other mentally ill alter ego... BOB2 01-15-2024 - 13:40
  Re: Three more intentional sucides by train in two days at the same crossing..... Operation life saver fail 01-15-2024 - 14:57
  Re: Is there any other "rational" alternative explanation for such self destructive behavior? And, as to ways to better "chimp proof" rail grade crossings? BOB2 01-15-2024 - 15:35
  Re: Is there any other "rational" alternative explanation for such self destructive behavior? And, as to ways to better "chimp proof" rail grade crossings? LMFAO 01-15-2024 - 16:08
  Re: Is there any other "rational" alternative explanation for such self destructive behavior? And, as to ways to better "chimp proof" rail grade crossings? FUD 01-21-2024 - 09:23

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com