Re: BUGX = Iowa Pacific? You can't read?
Author: BTDT
Date: 02-09-2024 - 16:59

I'll second what JBWX said about Bugs. Real cool guy, mechanical genius, very one-of-a-kind. They just don't make 'em like that anymore, as the saying goes. He had a very interesting life. I sure enjoyed the time I spent with him and learned a lot from the man. Haven't talked to the other half of BUGX, MM, since around the time Bugs passed. I wouldn't speculate on anything current involving BUGX unless/until I had a chance to get MM's side of the story. Maybe Bugs helped keep MM in line? Who knows. If Bugs had one friend in the world, it was MM.

What's funny to me about railroading is at a high level, the big Class 1's, it's all just faceless small-cogs-big-machine BS now. No real personality there. Way too many MBA's who don't know flange from tread or spike from tie. And the poor sots in the crafts, might as well be a caste system, like in India. But down at the lower levels, the shortlines, the industrials, the tourist lines and museums... man alive, talk about big egos, drama, gossip that would give teenage girls a run for their money. The same names recycled over and over for the last 20-30 years. Lots more personality for sure but boy, it's a jungle out there!

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  BUGX = Iowa Pacific? Preservation or hoarding? 02-09-2024 - 04:38
  Re: BUGX = Iowa Pacific? . 02-09-2024 - 05:45
  Re: BUGX = Iowa Pacific? J.K. Trowling 02-09-2024 - 05:56
  Re: BUGX = Iowa Pacific? Rob knows everything....... 02-09-2024 - 08:04
  Re: BUGX = Iowa Pacific? You can't read? Do you yahoo? 02-09-2024 - 15:23
  Re: BUGX = Iowa Pacific? You can't read? Big fat dead guy in a bathtub 02-09-2024 - 15:55
  Re: BUGX = Iowa Pacific? You can't read? BTDT 02-09-2024 - 16:59
  Re: BUGX = Iowa Pacific? You can't read? Curtis R. Milburn 02-14-2024 - 17:46

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com