Better than a bake sale, the Inyo on the new tracks in August?
Author: Jim Lohse
Date: 04-27-2009 - 20:52

Just to throw in my now rare two-cents worth:

1) The meetings are now appearing to be back in Carson City on a regular basis. I had repeatedly pointed out that state law requires the meetings to rotate among Washoe, Carson City, Douglas, Storey and Lyon counties. They did hold a meeting in Storey/VC, and another in Lyon, but the promised meeting in Reno (Washoe Cty.) never did materialize, and now they seem to be settling back into Carson where the powers that be reside. One step forward two steps back.

2) If anyone wants to be kept up to date on the meetings send your email address to Kevin Ray, Project Coordinator. His email is vtproject@aol.com. He will either answer quickly or lose/ignore your email, in which case keep bugging him. I like the guy personally but am still waiting on docs he promised back in November 2008. We could measure his reponse time in DOW points.

3) Better than a bake sale, the Commission is hoping for two or three million of (your) stimulus money. Having failed to increase local taxes or raise private money, they are relying on the last hope of the incompetent fundraiser -- federal earmarks. Good ol Harry Reid to the rescue.

4) Regarding how much money they need, it's a good guess. I have compared notes with other people who watch the commission closely. If the Commission completes their whole shopping list the total cost should reach over $70 million, despite the public claim of a $55 million budget.

5) On the bright side, and this is just speculation and rumor, there MIGHT be a bridge/track completion party in July or August that features the Carson City museum's Inyo on display. Even more of a rumor is that the Inyo will be fired up. I have no idea if this will happen, it's just talk at this point.

I personally (like others) got so disgusted with the lack of open process on the part of nine appointed politicians who have no accountability, that I have largely reclaimed my time. I have moved on to better things like trading inverse ETF's on down days like today. Making money beats watching politics any day of the week!

Have fun all

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  V&T Railway Rides into Carson...........sort of. Alfred Doten 04-26-2009 - 10:49
  Re: V&T Railway Rides into Carson...........sort of. Interested Observer 04-26-2009 - 12:34
  Re: V&T Railway Rides into Carson...........sort of. Alfred Doten 04-26-2009 - 15:39
  Re: V&T Railway Rides into Carson...........sort of. Wana Know 04-26-2009 - 20:58
  Re: V&T Railway Rides into Carson...........sort of. Alfred Doten 04-27-2009 - 09:45
  Re: V&T Railway Rides into Carson...........sort of. rich hall 04-27-2009 - 16:08
  Better than a bake sale, the Inyo on the new tracks in August? Jim Lohse 04-27-2009 - 20:52

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com