Re: Surf Line Question for BOB2- Here's what they say they're doing on the LOSSAN servic e disruptions page...
Author: BOB2
Date: 03-04-2024 - 20:08

George Andrews Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have read & heard of the continuing problems
> with the Santa Fe ( oops - I mean Amtrak ) Surf
> Line between Los Angeles & San Diego. Is the bus
> bridge still in effect ? Is it looking like it
> will be in effect in 2 weeks ? ( When I will be in
> Orange County, and the stepson & family will be in
> San Diego. ) I've read of your great reporting on
> the issues, and I do NOT want to do the Bus Bridge
> Boogie deal. Any thoughts ???

There are some LOSSAN service running with bus connection from Irvine to Oceanside, and trains are operating much of the day to San Juan Cap as the southern turn around, but with throught bus bus connections only from Irvine, on only "some" trains.

Here's the latest I could find on going via the "LOSSAN" "servie disruption" page. I used my other "special powers and googled it... Which turned out to be more complicated than it might seem, to actually find... Needless to say, Amtrak's generally useless national website had no fricking mention of it at all...

LOSSAN operations and connections as of February 17, per their site....

The push to reestablish commute and Amtrak to San Jan Capistrano is the right move, a great relief to South OC County rail riders and San Juan Cap businesses. And the recent work on the LOSSAN north seems to be paying dividends in the recent storms, with less disruption on that end.

The better decisions on how to respond to this years "annual" "long term" winter closure, seems to be reflecting "lessons learned", and is being handled in a somewhat more minimally "competnet" manner than was the response to last years closure...

Interestingly, while pouring through the tons of non-answers that came up in my google search to find this source, all of the notices on last year popped up, reminding us that this years opening is expected some time after April 1, about maybe the same time as last years reopening according the OCTA's current "wall" construction scheule.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Surf Line Question for BOB2 George Andrews 03-04-2024 - 16:18
  Re: Surf Line Question for BOB2- Here's what they say they're doing on the LOSSAN servic e disruptions page... BOB2 03-04-2024 - 20:08
  Surf Line Question for BOB2 to ignore-Here's what "they-net" says they're doing on the LOSSAN service disruptions page... You missed this part of his post.. 03-05-2024 - 14:04
  Re: Surf Line Question for BOB2, I did that just to make you have a melltown..... My BAD! BOB2 03-05-2024 - 14:23
  Re: Surf Line Question for BOB2, I did that just to make you have a spelldown..... April is two weeks away??? 03-05-2024 - 15:40
  Re: Surf Line Question for BOB2, I did that just to make you have a melltown..... My BAD! Impartial observer 03-05-2024 - 16:37
  Re: Surf Line Question for BOB2, I did that just to make you have a melltown..... My BAD! George Andrews 03-05-2024 - 17:15
  Re: Surf Line Question for BOB2, I did that just to make you have a melltown..... My BAD! @George Andrews 03-05-2024 - 20:13
  The Illegal Aliens Have Top Priority Jose Jimenez 03-05-2024 - 11:18
  Then You Had Better Make Legal Aliens a Top Priority Commenter 03-05-2024 - 13:46
  Re: Meanwhile, for George, and folks who like trains.... Miraculous wonders sometimes occur.... Limited BOB2 03-05-2024 - 19:11
  Re: Meanwhile, for George, and folks who like trains.... Miraculous wonders sometimes occur.... Limited George Andrews 03-06-2024 - 18:52
  Re: Then You Had Better Make Legal Aliens a Top Priority Jose Jimenez 03-05-2024 - 21:57
  Re: Then You Had Better Make Legal Aliens a Top Priority? Jose Jimenez? 03-06-2024 - 05:30
  Imagine for just a moment Hose-A 03-09-2024 - 20:42
  Re: Imagine? Hose-A? 03-10-2024 - 08:06
  FO Hoser -A? Hose-A 03-17-2024 - 14:47
  Re: Surf Line Question for BOB2 smurfs 03-06-2024 - 00:01

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com