Re: Carrizo gorge old passenger coaches- I only know them by site, while out shooting in Jacumba...
Author: BOB2
Date: 03-06-2024 - 11:57

Back before CA became a little too weird about it, we'd go out to another friend's "private property" located high on a hill, just outside of beautiful downtown Jacumba, to shoot his AR's (nowadays, we go to his place in AZ).

The view was great, with a trailer, a windbreak and patio, a generator to turn on the fridge on to keep the beer cold, and a giant sheet of round thick piece of sheet metal suspended on chains at about 150 meters across the canyon, where you could hear if your shots hit the target.

It was a place with a great wiew south to the border fence and into Mexico, south toward Jacumba. To the east, of the SDAE, we could see down to I-8, and half of the Canyon, and rail line. IIRC the single levels out there are either NJT or Boston commute cars, quasi abandonned, like the bilevels that were out that way. At that time they seemed just a bit less picked over, but in rough shape.

By this time 10 years ago, the only SDAE rail "action" on this segment was a guy mining aggregate somewhere on the SDAE, down by Jacumba, using a "hi-rail" dump truck.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Carrizo gorge old passenger coaches El Indio 03-05-2024 - 22:35
  Re: Carrizo gorge old passenger coaches Blank 03-06-2024 - 10:49
  Re: Carrizo gorge old passenger coaches Dindu Nuffin 03-06-2024 - 10:58
  Re: Carrizo gorge old passenger coaches- I only know them by site, while out shooting in Jacumba... BOB2 03-06-2024 - 11:57
  Re: Carrizo gorge old passenger coaches- I only know them by site, while out shooting in Jacumba... Spider Web 03-07-2024 - 11:44
  Re: Carrizo gorge old passenger coaches- I only know them by site, while out shooting in Jacumba... Mental Health Consultant 03-07-2024 - 13:04
  coaches in much worse shape now GENX 03-08-2024 - 22:52
  Re: coaches in much worse shape now . 03-09-2024 - 07:00

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com