Rapid City wants passenger rail
Author: CNW Dakota 400
Date: 03-11-2024 - 22:53

Rapid City Council members plan to tell the Federal Railroad Administration that their city should be connected to Sioux Falls and Minneapolis by passenger rail.

Mayor Jason Salamun read a resolution saying as much out loud at Monday’s city council meeting, after which the council voted unanimously to approve it.

South Dakota is the only state in the contiguous U.S. to have never had service through Amtrak, the nation’s taxpayer-subsidized passenger rail network. The proposed route through Rapid City, with a stop in Pierre, is one of two possible South Dakota options. The other is a line that would connect Sioux Falls with Kansas City.

https://southdakotasearchlight.com/2024/03/05/rapid-city-wants-passenger-rail-sends-support-to-federal-railroad-administration/

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Rapid City wants passenger rail CNW Dakota 400 03-11-2024 - 22:53
  My 127th letter to the Most Honourable Subcommittee on Long Distance Passenger Rail Expansion Planning WhactivistVT 03-11-2024 - 23:26
  Re: My 127th Troll Post? Harry Callahan 03-12-2024 - 05:32
  Re: My 127th Troll Post? Atsf69 03-16-2024 - 10:46
  Re: My 127th Troll Post? "Stop noticing rail crime!" 03-17-2024 - 13:33

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com