Re: Future I-69 Freeway (Canada to Mexico)-I like Ike... I like any paper by the Eno Foundation... Never poor work....
Author: BOB2
Date: 06-04-2024 - 09:46

Sgt. Joe Friday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Further reading here:
> [enotrans.org]
> cy-under-president-eisenhower/

A nice find... As usual with any product of the Eno Foundation, a well researched and documented paper on the Federal policies of the mid to late 1950's.

I don't agree with FUD in charaterizing Ike as somehow "anti-rail". I think, that given Eisenhower's experiences as a logistics and planning officer of the first caliber (as amply revealed by subsequent events...)w ith his truck convoy test of crossing the United States, right after WWI, and with his experiences with the road systems and railways of Europe in WWII, that Ike was definitely a "pro highway" man of "his times"...

Times change... And real events, and reactions to real events, in our control, or out of our control, wise, or unwise will cause even more often unanticipated changes, and often unintended consequences, sometimes for good, sometimes not, many times some bizarre of even contradictory combinations of both... Until Doc fixes the flus capacitor, you can't change or "fix" what has happened in the past, only what lies ahead... This paper is a great example of how our political system sometimes has failed to respond, and make prudent reforms, even when the need is obvious, and the resulting damage is predictable, and/or preventable...

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Future I-69 Freeway (Canada to Mexico) ponderer 06-02-2024 - 21:17
  Re: Future I-69 Freeway (Canada to Mexico) FUD 06-03-2024 - 09:58
  Re: Future I-69 Freeway (Canada to Mexico) Qu. 06-03-2024 - 21:48
  Re: Future I-69 Freeway (Canada to Mexico) Sgt. Joe Friday 06-04-2024 - 08:39
  Re: Future I-69 Freeway (Canada to Mexico)-I like Ike... I like any paper by the Eno Foundation... Never poor work.... BOB2 06-04-2024 - 09:46
  Re: Future I-69 Freeway (Canada to Mexico)-I like Ike... I like any paper by the Eno Foundation... Never poor work.... FUD 06-04-2024 - 10:56

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com