Re: Entertainment
Author: smitty195
Date: 05-06-2009 - 06:47

Okay, I'll put my two cents in on this one. I started reading this discussion board a few months ago, and I REALLY like it. Why? Simple-----this board has personality and you can be yourself and act normal. The mood is not "sterile" like over on Trainorders, where the webmaster has some sort of "issues" going on in his head. I was banned (temporarily) and had a thread deleted due to a very innocent mistake that I made---nothing was done purposely or with ill intention. Out of the blue, I received an email from that guy (the webmaster) where he proceeded to call me "dumb" and said that I was "thumbing my nose" at him. I was stunned by what he wrote----a verbal attack towards me for something that was extremely minor and unintentional. I wrote back and apologized for the error (I'm still not clear on what it was I did that was wrong), and he has refused to write back and answer my questions. I have been telling everyone I can about how I was treated, just so that people know what that guy is all about and how crappy he treats his paying members. People who pay money to him deserve to know how he treats people--it's not right.

On this board, sure, there might be comments every now and then that you might not agree with or you might not like. But so what? Is it really that big of a deal? It's just life---it happens. But at least we don't have to tiptoe around and be afraid of saying "the wrong thing" for fear of being banned or deleted. And the pictures on here are first class. You guys blow me away with your talent!

That's just my 2 cents. I know that there are people who will feel that they have to tattle and show that other guy what I wrote. Go ahead---if that's what makes you happy, I really don't care. You have other issues that go way beyond anything that can be addressed on a railroad forum. And I'm not alone on my feelings towards him either. Ever since telling many, many people (and showing the email that I received) about my experience, I have heard lots and lots of similar stories about how they are treated by that guy. We the people are the base of ANY board, and Traiordders better change it's tune or they will find people leaving in droves very quickly.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Entertainment Who Cares 05-03-2009 - 22:28
  Re: Entertainment T Judah 05-04-2009 - 02:21
  Re: Entertainment N Beal 05-04-2009 - 07:32
  Re: Entertainment Tom McCann 05-04-2009 - 11:48
  Re: Entertainment Alan G 05-04-2009 - 16:04
  Re: Entertainment steve 05-04-2009 - 16:51
  Re: Entertainment Rich Hunn 05-04-2009 - 19:29
  Re: Entertainment Boared 05-05-2009 - 07:21
  Re: Entertainment smitty195 05-06-2009 - 06:47
  Re: Entertainment Christian J. Goepel 05-07-2009 - 00:05

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com