Train Horn in Redmond Today!
Author: Jim
Date: 07-20-2009 - 18:29

Hi Guys,

After the thread a few weeks ago about the Woodinville Sub and Redmond Branch, I heard something interesting today. I was working at home in my condo near downtown Redmond and heard a train horn loud and clear. It's been a few years since I recall that. It sounded very close, like on the nearby Redmond Branch, less than a mile away. However, I recall hearing trains on the Woodinville Sub that loudly and incorrectly thought they were on the Redmond Branch, so I'm not sure which it was. The Woodinville Sub probably comes about 3-4 miles as the crow flies at its closest point to home, on that downhill from the Totem Lake area down the wineries where it parallels 124th Ave (in which the Redmond Branch crosses that same road nearby at the bottom of that hill in the valley). It sure sounded closer than 3-4 miles but it could be deceptive. I'm assuming that it's much more likely a train would be on the Woodinville Sub.

Anyone know what's going on? Is there train service back on either branch? As mentioned previously, the flangeways at the grade crossings on both branches were filled with dirt even days ago so this might be the first train in awhile.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Train Horn in Redmond Today! Jim 07-20-2009 - 18:29
  Re: Train Horn in Redmond Today! Dmac844 07-20-2009 - 20:46
  Re: Train Horn in Redmond Today! Jim 07-21-2009 - 07:33
  Woodinville report d 07-21-2009 - 14:53
  Re: Train Horn in Redmond Today! TimL 07-21-2009 - 18:45
  Re: Train Horn in Redmond Today! George Andrews 07-21-2009 - 18:56

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com