Re: SAD NEWS
Author: Ken Ruben
Date: 08-06-2009 - 17:26

Hi:

The show started in July 2002. It was on the internet worldwide almost every Saturday locally 10 a.m., California time. It was based in the San Diego area.

Here is information from Conductor Nicolas who I was associated with for 3 of my 7 years as "The Official Caller" almost every week.

---"Ken" Ruben--- (see below from Conductor Nicolas):

Dear fellow Let's Talk Trains Listeners,

It is my sad duty to report that Richard Hamilton, the host and creator of The Let's Talk Train Show, passed away late last week at the age of 60. Richard had a wonderful passion for the railroading hobby which he shared with others as a volunteer at the Poway-Midland Railroad and as a member of both the San Diego Electric Railway Association and the Pacific Southwest Railway Museum.

He created The Let's Talk Train Show with CJ in July of 2002 as a way of extending his passion for railroading. During the show's seven year run Richard worked with Conductor CJ, AC Adam, Dispatcher Joe, Curmudgeon Stu and Conductor Nicolas to host a weekly talk show bringing trains to internet radio . The show featured a wide variety of guests and frequent contributors including Conductor Larry, The Official Caller Ken, The Amazing Chris, Awk, Monon George, Nathan Chidester, Belfast Tom and many others.

I enjoyed the privilege of working with Richard over the past three years and my deepest condolences go out to his family and friends. There is talk of organizing a memorial show in Richard's honor.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  SAD NEWS Ken Ruben 08-02-2009 - 23:58
  Re: SAD NEWS Skip Waters 08-04-2009 - 11:17
  Re: SAD NEWS David Ollett 08-05-2009 - 17:48
  Re: SAD NEWS The Montezuma Yardmaster 08-06-2009 - 09:33
  Re: SAD NEWS Ken Ruben 08-06-2009 - 17:26
  Re: SAD NEWS C.J. Hardman 08-14-2009 - 21:46
  Re: SAD NEWS Carl Morrison, Carl@TrainWeb.com 08-22-2009 - 15:31
  Re: SAD NEWS Sadie Peters 07-26-2021 - 16:31

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com