Re: GN photos in Trainews - THANKS!
Author: Roger Esse
Date: 09-04-2009 - 09:06

Well, for starters I'm REALLY glad you folks are enjoying the pics. I've got several hundred GN shots and probably 550 or so NP ones plus a bunch of MILW, almost all in western Montana or thereabouts. There's a catch tho, as there always is. I have hundreds of slides waiting to be digitized, but more importantly, I didn't get a good camera until early in 1965. That means a whole gob of pics were shot on a Kodak Brownie, which means fixed focus, fixed exposure, and usually poor contrast. ya, well, that's what happens when you're a starving college student. Some pics are still in good shape, others not so good, but all are historical and probably irreplacable. MILW box cabs and Little Joes around Missoula, GN around Eureka, and a whole bunch in Missoula. Is anyone interested in that stuff?

And ya again...I'm retired and living in Trieste, Italy....about a stone's throw from Slovenia and a 2 hour TRAIN ride from Venice. The sun SETS over the Adriaric here, and if you like steam like I do, there's more here than in the US. Steam runs regularly on summer Sundays out of Gorizia, a 43 minute TRAIN ride from here, so if you like riding a 1920's-era train to an Alpine lake over the original Transalpina Railway, feel free to contact me at stanford.flat@yahoo.com Other steam runs periodacally, so that's hit or miss. The last time I took the steam run to Bled, Slovenia behind a nice 2-8-0, we met a 2-10-0 in the opposite direction with a crowd from the UK. Got some nice vids of the meet....actually there were 2 meets, one in each direction.

We have 2 flats here and use one for guests and my model railroad, so all are welcome. And, if you've ever been to San Francisco, you'll be right at home with the forested hills here, the Gulf of Trieste, the oil tankers in the bay...and the STEEP streets.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  GN photos in Trainews - THANKS! OPRRMS 09-03-2009 - 17:46
  Re: GN photos in Trainews - THANKS! Shannon 09-03-2009 - 19:11
  Re: GN photos in Trainews - THANKS! Espee99 09-03-2009 - 20:53
  Re: GN photos in Trainews - THANKS! Roger Esse 09-04-2009 - 09:06
  Re: GN photos in Trainews - THANKS! Mitch Goldman 09-04-2009 - 09:32
  Re: GN photos in Trainews - THANKS! Jay Burkgart 09-06-2009 - 08:57
  Re: GN photos in Trainews - THANKS! Roger Esse 09-06-2009 - 11:02
  Re: GN photos in Trainews - THANKS! Mike T. 09-10-2009 - 12:45

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com