Re: Then & Now Photos on the Oregon Pacific Railroad
Author: Tom McCann
Date: 11-07-2009 - 09:32

To Key Route Ken...

I'm fortunate that I live so close to several of these ROW. My house is just across the street from the old Troutdale branch, and I walk it with my dog several times a week. The segment closest to the house still has some of its old rails and crossties intact, although very deteriorated and overgrown from 25 years of disuse. The last regular movements over this segment were in the mid-1980s -- deliveries of TriMet's first light rail cars to the Ruby Junctions shops, which cover part of the old ROW.

The Springwater Trail is about a mile away, and it's an easy bike trip to get there from the house (which will become even easier once the city of Gresham completes the Gresham-Fairview trail over the old Troutdale ROW and links with the Springwater at the old Linnesman station site).

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Then & Now Photos on the Oregon Pacific Railroad Brian McCamish 11-02-2009 - 15:57
  Re: Then & Now Photos on the Oregon Pacific Railroad OPRRMS 11-02-2009 - 16:32
  Re: Then & Now Photos on the Oregon Pacific Railroad Tom McCann 11-02-2009 - 23:11
  Re: Then & Now Photos on the Oregon Pacific Railroad Key Route Ken 11-03-2009 - 08:37
  Re: Then & Now Photos on the Oregon Pacific Railroad Brian McCamish 11-03-2009 - 13:01
  Re: Then & Now Photos on the Oregon Pacific Railroad Tom McCann 11-03-2009 - 17:31
  Re: Then & Now Photos on the Oregon Pacific Railroad Tom McCann 11-06-2009 - 10:29
  Re: Then & Now Photos on the Oregon Pacific Railroad Old Photos speak for themselves 11-06-2009 - 16:15
  Re: Then & Now Photos on the Oregon Pacific Railroad Tom McCann 11-07-2009 - 09:32

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com