Possible new operator for Toppenish to White Swan (was CBRR)
Author: Graham Buxton
Date: 11-03-2009 - 17:48

Not exactly on the scale of the Berkshire-Hathaway / BNSF deal, but still of interest.

[www.yakima-herald.com]

Perhaps you may recall that freight operations on this line were once operated by Yakima Valley Rail & Steam Museum Association, until the CBRR (the Temple family) saw an opportunity to grab it. Now it appears someone is going to take it away from CBRR.

[www.nprymuseum.org]

Quoting the Herald:
The new applicant, W&I Railway, a subsidiary of the Burbank, Wash.-based
Frontier Rail, proposed to pay Yakima County $12,000 per year.

It appears that Frontier Rail is the contract switcher of the Railex plant in Burbank, WA. Its not clear to me why their subsidiary name "W&I Railway" is so similar to the "Washington and Idaho Railway" operating out of Marshall, WA, but it doesn't appear as though they are connected.

[www.wirailway.com]

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Possible new operator for Toppenish to White Swan (was CBRR) Graham Buxton 11-03-2009 - 17:48
  Re: Possible new operator for Toppenish to White Swan (was CBRR) Rich Hunn 11-03-2009 - 19:42
  Re: Possible new operator for Toppenish to White Swan (was CBRR) z 11-03-2009 - 20:25
  Re: Possible new operator for Toppenish to White Swan (was CBRR) Rich Hunn 11-04-2009 - 06:13
  Re: Possible new operator for Toppenish to White Swan (was CBRR) Stan Patterson 11-04-2009 - 07:35

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com