Tom Mougovan
Author: W.Nicholson
Date: 11-12-2009 - 16:54

Tom, Thank you on the info on Fruit Growers @ Hilt,Ca.I went to at the catle ranch in Feb.1950 and worked there about three years.Never had much to do with the sawmill as I spent most of my spare time either in Yreka or in the community center playing pool.About six years ago I took my wife down there to see the ranch that I worked at, but was stopped by a gentleman.He wanted to know where I was going and why and he told me that the rsnch was gone that the homes had burnt down.The ranch was owned by some man in Medford that raised Registared Hereford cattle.It was quite a spread as it had two large houses,one where the foreman lived and the house where the hired help ate and at least one large barn a bunk house that I stayed in plus a garage where I kept my car.The one thing that I remember is that a gentleman that worked part-time on the ranch was miner and he took me up on a spot on the rach and we set-up a sluice box and we spent extra time when I was'nt working mining for gold.I ended up with an ounce of gold.Wish I had it now with the price of gold today.The last time that I was down in that area looking down from the freeway all I could see of the old mill was the log pond and one of the old Dry Kilns.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Tom Mougovan W.Nicholson 11-12-2009 - 16:54
  Re: Tom Mougovan Rich Hunn 11-12-2009 - 17:09
  Re: for W. Nicholson Tom Moungovan 11-12-2009 - 21:34
  Re: for W. Nicholson W.Nicholson 11-13-2009 - 07:51
  Re: for W. Nicholson Tom Moungovan 11-13-2009 - 10:11
  Re: for W. Nicholson David.Curlee 11-13-2009 - 10:59

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com