New NP Historic Photo and Audio Site
Author: Steve Thompson
Date: 01-11-2010 - 18:20

Many of you have seen some of my father's (Frank Thompson) photos on my old site (and here), Growing up around the NP. I now have a new website and have started adding some of his audio recordings.

He recorded his memories of various steam era jobs working out of the Tacoma area for me, back around 1987-90. I now have his Moclips Local, Markham Local and the Highball on the site as mp3 files set up to play in QuickTime player. Here's a link to the NP Collection , The audio files page link is at the bottom of the left side.

The quality of the recordings is not so great, P's and B's tend to really POP, but the info and stories are interesting and fun.

The quality of the images displayed is also much better, as I've learned a huge amount about Photoshop and image restoration, have a high end scanner, and have been working on them for several years. The site is going to grow almost daily for a while, I only have a small percentage actually up and viewable. You might want to check out the historic Tacoma photos as well, as there are shots of various NP related things on it as well.

Steve

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  New NP Historic Photo and Audio Site Steve Thompson 01-11-2010 - 18:20
  Re: New NP Historic Photo and Audio Site Butler 01-12-2010 - 07:36
  Re: New NP Historic Photo and Audio Site Steve Thompson 01-12-2010 - 07:50
  Re: New NP Historic Photo and Audio Site Sam Reeves 01-12-2010 - 09:25

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com