"F"-it
Author: Martin Burwash
Date: 02-07-2010 - 12:16

As you guys have probably figured out, I'm in a scanning mood. I've decided to try and get most of my old "border line" negatives scanned and onto CD's. These are mostly photos that were taken, the negative glanced at by holding it up to the window and judged not worth the effort and money to try and pull a print. Thank God for the digi world! (This coming from me!) These are still "secondary" shots, but thanks to time and technology, I'm finding they are actually worth a few minutes on the computer, and maybe you folks might enjoy giving them a glance.

Today we're still mired down at UP Junction while the F-units keep parading by. The overhead shot is from the remains of the old Prairie Line connection pictured in so many of the others posted. I also threw in the "modern" version combining my love for the SD 45 with the traditional F-unit.

If someone were to ask me about my favorite unit, I'd probably answer the SD 45. Still, after scanning all of these F-unit shots, I'm starting to realize/remember just what an awesome piece of machinery they were.

Martin Burwash

As you guys have probably figured out, I'm in a scanning mood. I've decided to try and get most of my old "border line" negatives scanned and onto CD's. These are mostly photos that were taken, the negative glanced at by holding it up to the window and judged not worth the effort and money to try and pull a print. Thank God for the digi world! (This coming from me!) These are still "secondary" shots, but thanks to time and technology, I'm finding they are actually worth a few minutes on the computer, and maybe you folks might enjoy giving them a glance.

Today we're still mired down at UP Junction while the F-units keep parading by. The overhead shot is from the remains of the old Prairie Line connection pictured in so many of the others posted. I also threw in the "modern" version combining my love for the SD 45 with the traditional F-unit.

If someone were to ask me about my favorite unit, I'd probably answer the SD 45. Still, after scanning all of these F-unit shots, I'm starting to realize/remember just what an awesome piece of machinery they were.

Martin Burwash

Martin Burwash

[www.railroadforums.com]

[www.railroadforums.com]

[www.railroadforums.com]

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  "F"-it Martin Burwash 02-07-2010 - 12:16
  Re: "F"-it W.Nicholson 02-07-2010 - 12:37
  Re: "F"-it change it to EMD F- units DAVE 02-07-2010 - 12:39
  Re: "F"-it hepkema 02-07-2010 - 12:58
  Re: "F"-it Steve Thompson 02-07-2010 - 14:11
  Re: "F"-it Bruce Kelly 02-07-2010 - 16:00
  Re: "F"-it Freericks 02-07-2010 - 16:28
  Re: "F"-it George Andrews 02-07-2010 - 16:56
  Re: "F"-it...great to see! Steven D. Johnson 02-07-2010 - 18:22
  Re: "F"-it Martin Burwash 02-07-2010 - 19:52
  Re: "F"-it beverlyhelper 02-07-2010 - 23:32

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com