Re: "F"-it
Author: Bruce Kelly
Date: 02-07-2010 - 16:00

"Days of life that seem so unimportant, seem to matter and to count much later on." Words from the last studio album by Genesis, and it pains me to think it was released almost 20 years ago. Martin, your "new" golden oldies may have been just regular-day stuff back then, but now they're every bit as enjoyable and valuable as your more recent work from the Cascades and Montana. I can't tell you how many times I've gone back through some of my own early photos, or photos in books or magazines or museum collections, which may look so ordinary or simplistic from a photographic standpoint, but because of how they document long-forgotten motive power or cars or track arrangements or buildings or operations they end up being priceless treasures. For me, historic photos have become as vital to my railroad research as written information and original documents. A close examination of pre-1960s pictures of the Coeur d'Alene branch lines or steam-era scenes on Marias Pass, in conjunction with original track charts and other material, has given me a much better idea of how things used to be, and has shown me that much of what has been written about such places in some high-profile books has been wrong. If a picture is worth a thousand words, just imagine, Martin, how many stories these pictures of yours have to tell.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  "F"-it Martin Burwash 02-07-2010 - 12:16
  Re: "F"-it W.Nicholson 02-07-2010 - 12:37
  Re: "F"-it change it to EMD F- units DAVE 02-07-2010 - 12:39
  Re: "F"-it hepkema 02-07-2010 - 12:58
  Re: "F"-it Steve Thompson 02-07-2010 - 14:11
  Re: "F"-it Bruce Kelly 02-07-2010 - 16:00
  Re: "F"-it Freericks 02-07-2010 - 16:28
  Re: "F"-it George Andrews 02-07-2010 - 16:56
  Re: "F"-it...great to see! Steven D. Johnson 02-07-2010 - 18:22
  Re: "F"-it Martin Burwash 02-07-2010 - 19:52
  Re: "F"-it beverlyhelper 02-07-2010 - 23:32

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com