Re: Funding for historic preservation or rails to trails: BOTH are worthwhile
Author: Richard
Date: 03-20-2010 - 13:01

The National Trust for Historic Preservation advocates for historic preservation of all kinds, including railroad stations and other structures that are part of our railroad heritage. I have not said anything negative about Rails to Trails (nor will I). I have simply said it is an easy decision for me and asked if it is for others. Historic preservation is important to me, especially when it involves railroad structures. The National Trust is the funding recipient I believe best supports my interests and those generally of historic railroad preservation.

There are many great things that the Rails to Trails Conservancy does, including allowing for the preservation of former railroad rights of way that would otherwise be broken up into individual parcels. The Rails to Trails Conservancy has funding challenges too. I still strongly favor funding for the National Trust for Historic Preservation.

--Richard

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Funding for historic preservation OR rails to trails: you decide Richard 03-19-2010 - 11:47
  Re: Funding for historic preservation or rails to trails: BOTH are worthwhile Rails & Trails Dude 03-19-2010 - 21:56
  Re: Funding for historic preservation or rails to trails: BOTH are worthwhile 1stcajon 03-20-2010 - 08:34
  Re: Funding for historic preservation or rails to trails: BOTH are worthwhile Capdiamont 03-20-2010 - 09:09
  Re: Funding for historic preservation or rails to trails: BOTH are worthwhile Richard 03-20-2010 - 13:01

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com