Sierra 48 Collides with truck in Watsonville
Author: Howard
Date: 04-15-2010 - 18:35

Just saw this posted on the Toipx Board for Santa Cruz. I wondered where Sierra #48 was today. I drove by ProBuild around 1:30PM, but did not see the engine or the Sierra pickup. Later I heard Sierra #48’s horn at 3:00PM around Capitola. Hope the Sierra employee was not seriously injured.

Topix

I found it ironic to have been at the scene of today’s train/ truck wreck on the rail line at Industrial Street in Watsonville today. A day after the transportation meeting. Maybe this will be in today’s updates, tomorrow’s news or swept under the rug.

I was on scene one minute after the incident while heading west on Beach. It appeared the train, a Sierra Northern, BTW was backing up, pushing a single refer car, The tractor trailer heading east on Beach Street jumped the RR light and had the back 1/3 of his filled trailer sheared off with 5 gallon buckets of frozen strawberries all over the road. His trailer destroyed the fence at the end of the Martinelli parking lot. The lone injury was a RR employee on the platform on the back of the refer car leaped off onto the street. Clearly the truck drivers fault in this case but who is going to own these problems when SC purchases the 32 mile ghost trail?

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Sierra 48 Collides with truck in Watsonville Howard 04-15-2010 - 18:35
  Re: Sierra 48 Collides with truck in Watsonville Winston 04-15-2010 - 21:09
  Re: Sierra 48 Collides with truck in Watsonville Craig Tambo 04-15-2010 - 21:45
  Re: Sierra 48 Collides with truck in Watsonville Howard 04-15-2010 - 22:25
  Re: Sierra 48 Collides with truck in Watsonville Howard 04-15-2010 - 21:46
  Re: Sierra 48 Collides with truck in Watsonville Brian Bergtold 04-16-2010 - 10:09
  Re: Sierra 48 Collides with truck in Watsonville Howard 04-16-2010 - 11:12
  Re: Sierra 48 Collides with truck in Watsonville Brian Bergtold 04-16-2010 - 19:23
  Re: Sierra 48 Collides with truck in Watsonville Saff 04-18-2010 - 16:42

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com