Re: BNSF Harbor Sub new MofWl work in El Segundo
Author: Ken Scott
Date: 04-22-2010 - 20:32

I may have my fact wrong, but I think I read somewhere last year that BNSF was negotiating with the City of LA or City of Wilmington to convert their Wilmington yard into a container loading facility? It would reduce the number of truckers driving containers from the harbor up to their Vernon (East LA) loading facility? It is to be part of a "Green" program to reduce truck smog caused by diesel fuel in LA and to get the trucks off the freeway. At the time, I thought the Alameda trench was to accomplish this coal. I think this article stated that BNSF would be using their "Harbor Division" to bring the containers on rail directly to and through the Vernon loading facility. The Wilmington rail yard, which may not be called Wilmington Yard, ends at Eest L Street in Wilmington. The yard is at the end of the rail line through El Segundo and by the International Airport and has a connection with the Alameda trench.

Also, It think LA Metro has plans to use the line in question to be a future north-south light rail line from the new LA-Culver City light rail line to the LA Airport and then connect with the Green line in El Segundo.

I hope I am correct. If I am, then the southbay will have a lot of new rail activity to deal with and the Airport will have a future light rail commection.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  BNSF Harbor Sub new MofWl work in El Segundo Tony J Czuleger 04-20-2010 - 17:20
  Re: BNSF Harbor Sub new MofWl work in El Segundo Steven D. Johnson 04-20-2010 - 20:20
  Re: BNSF Harbor Sub new MofWl work in El Segundo Freericks 04-21-2010 - 10:15
  Re: BNSF Harbor Sub new MofWl work in El Segundo Ken Scott 04-22-2010 - 20:32

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com