Re: Brooklyn round house and ORHF questions
Author: Shortline Sammie
Date: 09-14-2010 - 07:37

Access to the Brooklyn now is EXTREMELY restricted and patrolled by UP special agents. My advice...don't try to go there without an established member of one of the groups.

ALL rolling stock and outside storage must be off UP property by January 15, 2011...thats FOUR MONTHS from NOW.

The three engines can remain inside the roundhouse until January 15, 2012. So far, there are no plans to save the roundhouse and it ultimately will be demolished. The turntable will go to ORHF as I understand.

Holiday Express will run again this year as previously mentioned. The equipment will be stored on a portion of the new OPR yard that will be reconstructed as part of the Milwaukie Light Rail. Trimet is advancing enough funding to ORHF to construct this track as a result of OPR refusing to sign an operating agreement with Trimet until sufficient trackage could be constructed to acommodate the HE train. Grading for this trackage should commence very soon with the track and fencing ready by December 13th when HE 10 ends.

I seriously doubt that UP will issue any more extensions as the sale agreement for the property near OMSI has specific language for daily monetary penalties after the 2010 date.

I don't pretend to "know it all" but believe that I have been privy to most of the negotiations and believe the above is correct.

Dick Samuels
www.oregonpacificrr.com

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Brooklyn round house and ORHF questions Frank in PDX 09-13-2010 - 20:31
  Re: Brooklyn round house and ORHF questions SP_RedElectric 09-13-2010 - 20:49
  Re: Brooklyn round house and ORHF questions Paul Guernsey 09-13-2010 - 21:49
  Re: Brooklyn round house and ORHF questions Frank in PDX 09-13-2010 - 21:52
  Re: Brooklyn round house and ORHF questions Tom McCann 09-13-2010 - 22:50
  Re: Brooklyn round house and ORHF questions Brian 09-13-2010 - 23:33
  Re: Brooklyn round house and ORHF questions Shortline Sammie 09-14-2010 - 07:37
  Re: Brooklyn round house and ORHF questions Shortline Sammie 09-14-2010 - 07:41
  Re: Brooklyn round house and ORHF questions Chris Fussell 09-16-2010 - 00:02
  Re: Brooklyn round house and ORHF questions Tom McCann 09-14-2010 - 23:02

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com