Re: Icing Instructions SFRD Rules...trivia for you!
Author: LPNGANDY
Date: 10-26-2010 - 09:14

Thanks S.D. Always wondered about the icing procedures. There are basics of physics involved with old ice reefers, a lot more than just 'dump in a bunch of ice and go'. I remember the ice docks, and as a kid, my cousin and I would go over to the small yard close to where we lived, fill his 'Radio Flyer' wagon and our bike baskets with what ice we could pick up off the ground, and supply Grandma's ice box in her kitchen (and grandpa's beer cooler in shop). It was one of my chores, and I loved it. In contrast to that memory, yesterday I was questioned about why I was watching a MOW crew tamp new ballast, from a vacant and Public Property parking lot, by UP workers! I had to show credentials, and couldn't resist telling them that I was tamping ties, by hand, before they were out of their Pampers. Anyway, Thanks again. John.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Icing Instructions SFRD Rules...trivia for you! Severe Duty 10-25-2010 - 21:39
  Re: Icing Instructions SFRD Rules...trivia for you! LPNGANDY 10-26-2010 - 09:14
  Ghost of the Interbay icing dock s 10-27-2010 - 13:04

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com