Re: Empire Builder on-time record
Author: Dr. Max Harris
Date: 02-10-2011 - 12:07

In good weather, #7 and #8 enjoy pretty good on time performance. BNSF places a priority on keeping the train on time and in good weather the only problems are usually Amtrak's. I always hate to commit myself, but the 'Builder usually does well at keeping close to on time, and into Spokane is often early. As to the bed bug issue, haven't heard of Amtak having any issues with it. The problem has come up due to Hotels/Motels trying to go green and not change bedding and towels every day---two things happen, if you do stay in the same room, not changing the linens daily allows the infestation to go deeper into beds making control more difficult and two, if you change your plans after the maid has serviced the room, it is fairly common that the room gets rented to another guest without being changed. As a Doctor, I make a point of NOT staying in hotels that are trying to "go green" and staying only in hotels that change linens daily no matter what!! (I know the EPA is trying to tell the public that this problem isn't related to daily linen changes, but the research I've read points to this as being the problem, and if you just look at it, it has increased at the same rate as the number of hotels following this practice has increased.).

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Empire Builder on-time record DCA 02-09-2011 - 22:40
  Re: Empire Builder on-time record MP 44.7 02-09-2011 - 23:10
  Re: Empire Builder on-time record LWBaxter 02-10-2011 - 09:12
  Re: Empire Builder on-time record Dr. Max Harris 02-10-2011 - 12:07
  Re: Empire Builder on-time record DCA 02-10-2011 - 21:49

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com