Re: SP Was Not the Only RR to Loose Trains on Amtrak Day
Author: Tom McCann
Date: 05-02-2011 - 12:24

As I recall, wasn't this train also the remnant of the "Metropolitan" from Cincinnati?. I remember reading that the two trains were combined between Cumberland, Md. and D.C. (7/11 westbound and 8/12 eastbound), with #7 usually just a single coach west of Cumberland.

B&O had been running its two dome coaches on the "Shenandoah", but I don't see one in the photo. Judging by the date, B&O would have withdrawn them by then, because they re-appeared on the final editions of the "Capitol Limited", where they had operated for many years after the railroad combined the "Capitol" and the "Columbian" (for which they were built).

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  SP Was Not the Only RR to Loose Trains on Amtrak Day Marty Bernard 05-02-2011 - 11:57
  Re: SP Was Not the Only RR to Loose Trains on Amtrak Day Tom McCann 05-02-2011 - 12:24
  Re: SP Was Not the Only RR to Loose Trains on Amtrak Day Not surprised. 05-02-2011 - 15:50
  Re: SP Was Not the Only RR to Loose Trains on Amtrak Day Bag of Wind 05-02-2011 - 16:06
  Re: SP Was Not the Only RR to Loose Trains on Amtrak Day Not surprised. 05-02-2011 - 19:40
  Re: SP Was Not the Only RR to Lose Trains on Amtrak Day johoff 05-04-2011 - 23:07
  Re: SP Was Not the Only RR to Loose Trains on Amtrak Day Jim 05-05-2011 - 10:17
  Re: SP Was Not the Only RR to Loose Trains on Amtrak Day George Andrews 05-08-2011 - 14:02

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com