Re: FISHING in Alaska....Fishing vs. Railfanning
Author: Richard Elgenson
Date: 06-26-2011 - 18:56

Quote:
Bob R
I noticed in your pictures for the salmonids that they were all fly rod efforts. Use anything else?

Correct Bob, on the drift boat for Kings we pulled over to the side of the Kasilof River and used fly equipment for Sockeye Salmon. Same for Rainbow Trout on the lower Kenai River using leech pattern lures and a small weight. For King Salmon, we used level line reels with planers and bouncing a weight off the bottom with eggs. Obviously, level line reels are used for Halibut. Nothing beats the disappointment of bringing a 60 pound skate up from somewhere deep like I did last Wednesday. I would re-size more fishing photos, but the camera battery just bit the dust and needs recharging. Better now than wanting to take pix tomorrow and having no juice.

Tomorrow is my last effort at the Kenai River for Russian River reds. We just had the level line reels restrung today. We leave early, and hopefully, limit out early enough for a leisurely drive back to Anchorage. I get to pack my personal stuff and put fish in boxes and hit the airport for a post midnight flight home.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  FISHING in Alaska....Off Topic Richard Elgenson 06-25-2011 - 15:06
  Re: FISHING in Alaska....Off Topic Tom Moungovan 06-25-2011 - 16:36
  Re: FISHING in Alaska....Off Topic BOB R 06-25-2011 - 17:21
  Re: FISHING in Alaska....Fishing vs. Railfanning George Andrews 06-25-2011 - 21:53
  Re: FISHING in Alaska....Fishing vs. Railfanning Richard Elgenson 06-25-2011 - 23:03
  Re: FISHING in Alaska....Fishing vs. Railfanning BOB R 06-26-2011 - 12:25
  Re: FISHING in Alaska....Fishing vs. Railfanning Richard Elgenson 06-26-2011 - 18:56
  Re: FISHING in Alaska....Fishing vs. Railfanning BOB R 06-27-2011 - 20:56

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com