Re: Puget Sound & Pacific Visited (Video Links)
Author: George Andrews
Date: 08-04-2011 - 12:01

Marty, sorry if my reply to your request was inaccurate. The PS&P tracks are visible from U.S. Hwy. 12 for a lot of the distance between Elma and Aberdeen,though as you found out the side roads are often closer to the tracks, in particular old Hwy. 12 between Elma & Montesano. I also misspoke regarding where the tracks cross under Hwy. 12; it's in Montesano not Cosmopolis. Glad you were able to bag some photos @ Aberdeen; in my last job delivering to the area on Thursdays I was often reminded why this is called Greys Harbor County. My limited knowledge of Simpson's operations in Shelton found that mornings were the best time to catch the switchers outside the fence. The double stack train you saw was a garbage train; I believe it originates near Bremerton.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Puget Sound & Pacific Visited Marty Bernard 08-03-2011 - 21:13
  Re: Puget Sound & Pacific Visited Tom Moungovan 08-04-2011 - 10:32
  Re: Puget Sound & Pacific Visited (Video Links) Speeder Kevin 08-04-2011 - 10:38
  Re: Puget Sound & Pacific Visited (Video Links) George Andrews 08-04-2011 - 12:01
  Re: Puget Sound & Pacific Visited (Video Links) Marty Bernard 08-04-2011 - 19:23
  Re: Puget Sound & Pacific Visited (Video Links) Speeder Kevin 08-05-2011 - 14:56
  Re: Puget Sound & Pacific Visited L.A.Scrafford 08-05-2011 - 09:49

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com