Did SCBT&P sell or scrap a CF-7?
Author: Jeff Moore
Date: 11-27-2011 - 12:39

The Santa Cruz Interchange question and thread below prompted a question that has been rattling around in my brain over the last couple days...has the SCBT&P sold or scrapped the #2600? I "toured" the line on Google Earth earlier this weekend...the most recent imagery date for the entire line is 19 June 2011. One of the CF-7's (presumably the #2641, since it is still around to get its picture taken a day or two ago) is clearly visible with their usual four-car passenger train behind the boardwalk, and I can see no evidence that the other CF-7 (presumably the #2600) is visible anywhere in the yards at Felton, nor on any of the other yard or side tracks. Which begs the question...if it is not visible in the imagery this past June, has it been sold or scrapped, or is it perfectly positioned underneath the one tree obscuring part of one siding just south of the old SP depot? All of the rest of the railroad's rolling stock (passenger and m-o-w) is visible and accounted for in Felton, and I don't believe they have hauled any freight for at least a couple years now, which would seem to rule out the possibility that there is a second train somewhere on the line, unless the diesel at Santa Cruz failed and the other is en route to rescue it...

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Jeff Moore
Elko, NV

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Did SCBT&P sell or scrap a CF-7? Jeff Moore 11-27-2011 - 12:39
  Re: Did SCBT&P sell or scrap a CF-7? John Barnhill 11-27-2011 - 14:47
  Re: Did SCBT&P sell or scrap a CF-7? Jeff Moore 11-27-2011 - 16:07
  Re: Did SCBT&P sell or scrap a CF-7? Tom Carter 11-27-2011 - 18:51
  Re: Did SCBT&P sell or scrap a CF-7? Marv. 11-28-2011 - 20:02
  Re: Did SCBT&P sell or scrap a CF-7? Bonny Doon 12-04-2011 - 22:20

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com