Just respect others; It’s bad enough that we allow politics to keep us from finding common ground more often than not!
Author: MG42
Date: 01-17-2012 - 03:14

Hey, guys, let’s try to avoid talking about religion here, OK? Most Americans don’t believe in ghosts, either, but when I see shadow people duck into a room out of the corner of my eye, and I go to that room and nobody’s there, you’re going to have a hell of a time convincing me ghosts don’t exist. Belief in religion, like belief in the existence of ghosts, or nonbelief, for that matter, is just that, a belief. You can’t prove such a belief, but it’s something you hold as true in your heart. Beliefs are very powerful things, though, as attested to all the wars throughout history. People unwilling to compromise their principals, even if it cost them their life. Fortunately, we have freedom of religion in America, and you can believe or not believe to your heart’s content. I wouldn’t dream of pushing my beliefs on anyone else, and it kinda bugs me when others push their belief or nonbelief on me. Let’s just not attack each other over faiths here, as this is as much if not more of a hot potato than politics is. It’s bad enough that we allow politics to keep us from finding common ground more often than not, so let’s take arguing over religion and shove it. At least on this, a train forum. We can discuss a lot more about trains when we aren’t fighting over petty things like this. Just respect others. I try to go with a “If I wouldn’t say it to your face in your living room, I probably shouldn’t post it” standard, and I attempt as little deviation from this rule as possible.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Death on the Train I hate KJII 12-18-2011 - 20:01
  Re: Death on the Train I HAVE NO NAME!!!111 12-18-2011 - 20:53
  Re: Death on the Train Gulch 12-18-2011 - 21:24
  Re: Death on the Train smitty195 12-18-2011 - 22:32
  Re: Death on the Train Juppo 12-19-2011 - 11:02
  Re: Death on the Train Voltaire 12-19-2011 - 12:55
  Re: Death on the Train Stevo del Applegato 12-20-2011 - 14:01
  Re: Death on the Train smitty195 12-20-2011 - 20:17
  Re: Death on the Train MG42 01-12-2012 - 12:35
  Just respect others; It’s bad enough that we allow politics to keep us from finding common ground more often than not! MG42 01-17-2012 - 03:14
  North Korea is China's Junkyard Dog MG42 01-12-2012 - 12:53

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com