Re: RBBB circus train schedule wanted
Author: Tom Farence
Date: 09-13-2007 - 15:55

Years ago when my folks lived in Venice,FL,both the red and blue trains were maintained and wintered in Venice. In those days the red unit would winter one year and the blue the next and so on. If I remember correctly winter off time was December thru February then back on the road.

RBBB had facilities on the south side of town back in the 70s with full car department work. They also had huge buildings for the animals and out door facilities for the performers to practice. I was fortunate to witness and photograph some of the arrivals and departures. One year I got to witness both trains coming into town, don't remember why they were both there at the same time. Because of limited space some of the trains were even on the east leg of the wyewith enough space left for the SCL wayfrt to turn engineon wye.

If I recall the CSX sold the line south of the juice plant to a shortline and RBBB quit going to Venice. For a time they were wintering at Bradenton-Sarasota as alot of the performers still lived in Venice. My last trip to Florida afew years ago saw the train on an industrial siding east of Tampa on the passenger line just west of where I75 and I4 cross.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  RBBB circus train schedule wanted Ross Hall 09-11-2007 - 18:07
  Re: RBBB circus train schedule wanted Daniel3197 09-11-2007 - 18:38
  Re: RBBB circus train schedule wanted Tom Farence 09-12-2007 - 07:42
  Re: RBBB circus train schedule wanted douglasm 09-12-2007 - 16:32
  Re: RBBB circus train schedule wanted Curious 09-12-2007 - 17:24
  RBB&B fleet Dick Seelye 09-12-2007 - 18:46
  Re: RBBB circus train schedule wanted hepkema 09-12-2007 - 20:23
  Re: RBBB circus train schedule wanted Tom Farence 09-13-2007 - 15:55
  Re: RBBB circus train schedule wanted raissa Snyder 03-06-2008 - 09:24
  Re: RBBB circus train schedule wanted sierrasam 08-18-2009 - 20:35
  Re: RBBB circus train schedule wanted. thanks folks Ross Hall 09-13-2007 - 18:01

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com