Re: SacBee article about the train operator in last weekend's crash
Author: ATSF Asbel
Date: 02-05-2012 - 00:23

WRT the horn comment: Leslie RS3L-RRO2s all the way.

However I don't think a horn would have helped in this instance. If anyone can prove otherwise...well...I'm wrong then.

On the Surf Line, near Red Hill Avenue (a recent QZ) I have heard railfans attributing a number of suicides and general pedestrian complacency to the fact the crossing is a quiet zone.

Personally, I'm all for QZs if a long-term plan to grade-separate the crossing is underway. Actually, if it CAN be separated, do so before quiet-zoning! Roads such as Harvard Avenue in Irvine or Red Hill in Tustin could benefit from a grade separation instead of a QZ.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  SacBee article about the train operator in last weekend's crash mook 02-03-2012 - 22:27
  Re: SacBee article about the train operator in last weekend's crash Ostrom 02-04-2012 - 07:27
  Re: SacBee article about the train operator in last weekend's crash Milepost 97.7 02-04-2012 - 10:11
  Re: SacBee article about the train operator in last weekend's crash ATSF Asbel 02-05-2012 - 00:23
  Re: SacBee article about the train operator in last weekend's crash mook 02-05-2012 - 09:09
  Re: SacBee article about the train operator in last weekend's crash BOB R 02-05-2012 - 15:19
  Re: SacBee article about the train operator in last weekend's crash Milepost 97.7 02-05-2012 - 20:43

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com