Re: #14's Timing and 3 Pictures Over the Tehachapis
Author: Marty Bernard
Date: 02-07-2012 - 13:16

Thanks for the complements on the pictures. It was really overcast. The promise was partly cloudy.

I shoot with the best Cannon DSLR but the pictures straight out of the camera were flat (no contrast) and colorless. In other words they were pretty awful. I spent about 5 minutes on each in my electronic darkroom giving them my best shot with the results you see. Still far from bright sun behind my back! The depot shot was the most difficult because I had to include sky, something I've learned to avoid if possible on a dull day, e.g., get above your subject like the tunnel and Cabin pictures. With lots of sky, no matter how you take the light reading either the train is too dark or the sky is too light.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  #14's Timing and 3 Pictures Over the Tehachapis Marty Bernard 02-06-2012 - 23:17
  Re: #14's Timing and 3 Pictures Over the Tehachapis MP 44.7 02-07-2012 - 07:12
  Re: #14's Timing and 3 Pictures Over the Tehachapis Mistertower 02-07-2012 - 11:05
  Re: #14's Timing and 3 Pictures Over the Tehachapis Marty Bernard 02-07-2012 - 13:16
  Re: #14's Timing and 3 Pictures Over the Tehachapis mook 02-07-2012 - 17:21
  Re: #14's Timing and 3 Pictures Over the Tehachapis Marty Bernard 02-07-2012 - 18:24
  Re: #14's Timing and 3 Pictures Over the Tehachapis mook 02-07-2012 - 21:44

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com