Re: Progress through paperwork? Opinions?
Author: BOB2
Date: 03-16-2012 - 08:33

There was a good reason I took the buyout, and didn't look back.

Some of the changes were inevitable and necessary, some of the changes were just legal traps to avoid liability, and blame the employee. The state of technology makes some/much of this duplicative paperwork unnecessary, but the harrassment for inevitable errors and mistakes that occur remains.

Much of this would appear to have little to do with improving safety, since there are now so many additional superfluous pieces of paper and reports to continuously keep track of, that there is less time for observing the actual movements going on around you. And thus, to some degree, situational awareness is reduced or impaired.

Those who were not fully aware of what was going on around them was one of the most unsafe RR conditions I ever encountered in my day.

Inattention to the situation and taking the applicable actons consistent with the rules is still a major source of human error accidents. And, it doesn't seem to me that more official distractions to take one's mind away are a good idea. It may give you someone to blame later, but it's not a real substitute for instilling a culture of safe operating practices, with sound training and consistent testing. Both of which do reduce accidents.....

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Progress through paperwork? Opinions? SP5103 03-15-2012 - 21:50
  Re: Progress through paperwork? Opinions? BOB2 03-16-2012 - 08:33
  Re: Progress through paperwork? Opinions? Joshua Kind 03-16-2012 - 16:14
  Re: Progress through paperwork? Opinions? Mr. Guy 03-17-2012 - 15:41

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com