Re: Hey, They Still Run Trains on Beaumont Hill
Author: Marty Bernard
Date: 04-03-2012 - 12:31

Thanks L.A. and Rich. I see the spot on Google Maps. My shots yesterday are maybe 5 miles west of there.

It seems that I have good luck with trains on Beaumont Hill. East of there, all the way to Yuma I have not had much luck, but the scenery is not conducive to good pictures anyhow (please post some pictures to prove me wrong). Not like the Mojave along Route 66.

Steinheimer loved Ash Hill on the Santa Fe in south eastern California. Where exactly is Ash Hill? Except for the climb out of the Colorado River Valley, the Needles Sub seems pretty flat from what you can see from the road.

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  Hey, They Still Run Trains on Beaumont Hill Marty Bernard 04-03-2012 - 03:03
  Re: Hey, They Still Run Trains on Beaumont Hill L.A.Scrafford 04-03-2012 - 07:47
  Re: Hey, They Still Run Trains on Beaumont Hill L.A.Scrafford 04-03-2012 - 07:49
  Re: Hey, They Still Run Trains on Beaumont Hill Rich Hunn 04-03-2012 - 09:08
  Re: Hey, They Still Run Trains on Beaumont Hill Marty Bernard 04-03-2012 - 12:31
  Re: Hey, They Still Run Trains on Beaumont Hill Rich Hunn 04-03-2012 - 14:17
  Re: Hey, They Still Run Trains on Beaumont Hill Marty Bernard 04-03-2012 - 16:56

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com