3751 Information "Having a 'Grand' time! "
Author: Richard Elgenson
Date: 05-18-2012 - 08:27

I found this on TO and thought folks who don't tune into that channel would like to read the viewpoint of a car owner. John owns the Silver Splendor. I agree about the GCRY operation - hotel and railroad. They are excellent!

Date: 05/18/12 08:00
Having a 'Grand' time!
Author: jcaestecker
Greetings everyone,

Many of us on the Grand Canyon Ltd. are reading the various posts here on T.O. with more than a little amusement. Now I would like to offer a couple views of my own.

First, to the gripers, nitpickers, and rivet-counters -- just cool it and be thankful we have any mainline steam action at all. Central Coast Railway Club, Amtrak, BNSF, A & C, and the various car owners worked nearly a year to get all the approvals to make the event happen. The landscape has changed forever and we are realistic about it. So enjoy it or please find some other activity to criticize.

Secondly, if you haven't been out to the Grand Canyon Ry., get your butts over here and ride it. It's a highly professional operation with a great variety of equipment and friendly employees.

Lastly, the service and cooperation that we have received from the GCRY operating/mechanical personnel and management have been superb. Our trainset has been watered, ground-powered, cleaned, pumped and spotted without us having to ask for any of these services. We are all very impressed by the can-do attitude up here.

Has the trip been trouble-free? No. have some of the days been long and grueling? Absolutely. But it beats the heck out of having a real job!

Cheers,

-John

Subject Written By Date/Time (PST)
  3751 Information "Having a 'Grand' time! " Richard Elgenson 05-18-2012 - 08:27
  Re: 3751 Information "Having a 'Grand' time! " MP 44.7 05-18-2012 - 09:09
  Re: 3751 Information "Having a 'Grand' time! " Peter D. 05-18-2012 - 09:11
  Re: 3751 Information "Having a 'Grand' time! " Mike Lepker 05-18-2012 - 12:00
  Re: 3751 Information "Having a 'Grand' time! " Mike Lepker 05-18-2012 - 22:49
  Re: 3751 Information "Having a 'Grand' time! " Richard Elgenson 05-20-2012 - 22:03

Go to: Message ListSearch
Subject: 
Your Name: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This message board is maintained by:Altamont Press
You can send us an email at altamontpress1@gmail.com